Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Orange Bird

DSAR Member
Reaction score
This is not a solar question per se, it could be asked in a number of forums. I used the solar forum since I was inspecting a solar farm.
Have been using Drone Deploy of a couple of years now and never had any problems but I had a client that demanded I use GS Pro.
I flew three missions with GSPro and it missed a lot of pictures. I flew a RGB mission with a P4 and the pictures taken was around 7% short. One battery used. Acceptable.
The other two missions were taken with a I1v2 with a XT 13mm lens. I needed to use two missions due to the fact that the bird wouldn't take off with more than 99 waypoints. The first section and the largest missed
7.5% Three batteries used. Still acceptable.
The third mission and the smallest section missed over 50% of the pictures. One battery used. Totally unacceptable.
Has anyone had a similar experience? I checked all my settings and they are the same on each mission.
I thought I liked GSPro but not if I can't trust it to take all the pictures it says it should take.
All help welcome. TIA

Sometimes it is hard, but you need to tell your client they can't have what they want. You are the one doing the mapping, use the tools that work for you.

I used to have issues with GS Pro not capturing all images but once I upgraded to a faster memory card it's never been an issue again. I'm not sure if that's the answer to your problem but it could be that GS Pro is triggering the camera on a faster interval than the Drone Deploy app (I don't know what your flight settings are) and thus not able to write the pictures fast enough.

Reactions: BigAl07
GS Pro 2.0 has removed the 99 waypoint restriction. As for SD cards i use the ADATA 128 GB with its write speeds >155 MBS I have not had capture problems. Lexar Pro 1800x card is another i have been using for three years and it has yet to fail at capture. I get the ADATA cards on sale via MassDrop when i can. Usually $110 on sale. Yes these are UHSII V90 cards but they are faster and more reliable for use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM