Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

New airspace authorization directly from within the DroneDeploy- skip the 90-day wait

Sky Queen

Reaction score
Just thought to share this with you all commercial droners. This month, DroneDeploy partners, AirMap and Skyward are bringing this new feature, allowing you to take full advantage of LAANC — the FAA’s new Low-Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability initiative. It is in BETA phase, allows drone operators to request digital airspace authorizations near selected airports. Here is the list of participating airports. Can't wait for Los Angeles Airports to get on board too. Anyone has had a chance to try this feature yet? Would love to hear what it is like.
FAA Facilities participating in LAANC Initial Prototype Evaluation – Fall 2017

Reactions: xspwhite
Unfortunately we are seeing "hints" here and there it's not rolling out as quickly as had been estimated. I got this earlier this week directly from AirMap:

Beginning in April, the LAANC prototype will expand into a national beta. By the end of the year, more than 500 towered airports across the United States will begin offering LAANC authorization.

LAANC Digital Airspace Authorization Makes its Debut for Third Party Developers

Reactions: Sky Queen
Unfortunately we are seeing "hints" here and there it's not rolling out as quickly as had been estimated. I got this earlier this week directly from AirMap:

Beginning in April, the LAANC prototype will expand into a national beta. By the end of the year, more than 500 towered airports across the United States will begin offering LAANC authorization.

LAANC Digital Airspace Authorization Makes its Debut for Third Party Developers
Good to know...So I won't keep my hopes high and site here waiting for LA. I am sure they will have to test it out in smaller and not so busy airports first for a while before they decide to expand it to larger airports.

Reactions: BigAl07
This is suppose to expedite the process and bypass the waiver requirement.
Hmmm .. The waiver application/approval enables you to forego Title 14, Part 107 requirements for flight such as operating inside Class B, D or operating 2 drones at the same time. I find it hard to believe they are bypassing this process thru an application which will provide immediate relief from Part 107 rules?? For ATC authorization, it makes sense but in order to get authorization, you normally have to provide the approved waiver.

But hey, we just launched a car into orbit with a dummy dressed in a space suit driving it so not too much surprises me anymore! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91