Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

New Thermal Aircraft...

This is just early shots. There will be more from my testing and comparison.

Straight Thermal Image
Z1AuNX6l.jpg

With Overlay (MSX-like)
TqrwrMIl.jpg

Reactions: KneeBeard
The thermal camera has a resolution of 160x120 and then the RGB with 4K? Would this be correct?

The thermal camera has a resolution of 160x120 and then the RGB with 4K? Would this be correct?

Yes that is correct. It uses a Lepton Microbolometer similar to the M2ED, but Parrot tweaked the SW to get better imaging.

I do not own a M2ED but based on my buddies own comparison test, it shows some promising results so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
No doubt, but with so little resolution, little can be done............. For very specific things. Considering its price it's pretty tight to include the sensor, well, for little thing but it's nice to see alternatives. Having where to choose is always good :)

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
No doubt, but with so little resolution, little can be done............. For very specific things. Considering its price it's pretty tight to include the sensor, well, for little thing but it's nice to see alternatives. Having where to choose is always good :)

If I can confirm its ability to provide me some accurate measurements then this "junk" is a treasure tool to me and fellow inspectors.

If I can confirm its ability to provide me some accurate measurements then this "junk" is a treasure tool to me and fellow inspectors.

I would never consider an Anafi, due to its first release review, but when I saw the thermal during an inspection in tight places, I was actually amazed, and it made me think twice of why I acquired the Evo, but not regretting the purchase. Now the Anafi is in my bucket list.

And yes, hobbyist are brand fans vs. those who truly works in the field, and thanks for your thoughts.

As much as junk, I wouldn't say if it works. The only thing that, given its low resolution, limits the possibilities a lot. I wait for your report ;)

That's right, I don't want it for me, but depending on what you want to measure, it can be worth it.

That's right, I don't want it for me, but depending on what you want to measure, it can be worth it.

To deploy a small sUAS to clear the area is always a good thing. So far the Anafi has gotten a good and solid independent review despite the lack of OBS vs the M2 dual.

However, I am not yet near in getting an IR drone anytime soon, but I see myself getting into thermal imaging in the near future, I can actually feel it happening, I just need a good business plan.

I was hoping to go with the Yuneec H520, but Yuneec has unique problems for them to be able to take the center stage.

My local PD has already been deploying the M2 Enterprise. Fremont Police use drone with FLIR camera to find missing teen - DroneDJ

It’s a tough choice, but time will tell.

With a drone to which you can mount a gimbal and put the sensor you want, I would look farther than in Flir, which I know is the most famous but have come out competitors as good or more and with much tighter prices.

Although the tendency is always to buy "proprietary" cameras, such as DJI or Yuneec, is to be tied to the brand, otherwise you are worth for other drones, I do not know whether to call them DIY or as, but for these sensors that are so expensive I think it is the way to take.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143