Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Phantom 4 and Adobe

Joe

Reaction score
Website
www.brackinaero.com
I did a 'freebie' for a good buddy of mine this weekend. Side note, I repair classic arcade game for this guy, we have been friends a long time...anyhow-his restaurant/bar has a 'hippy festival' not too far from my house. I offer to fly it and take some pictures. He LOVES the pictures. Problem is, I took video the whole time, which plays back fine on computer and telephone, will NOT pull up in DaVinci or Premier. I changed file names and everything short or actually re-encoding it to make it work. It is 1080 in h.264 if it helps any. I have no idea where to start with this. I want to edit the video to put on my personal site and i also want to pull some more stills out of the video. What am I doing wrong, or is there a setting for the video I need to stick to to make it easy editing. I had shot a MST of video, but I always just watch it, not edit. Thanks in advance.

Joe

I tried to get the 'properties of a file' and it failed to do that with a .mov and .mp4 BOTH taken from the Phantom 4. If there are additional settings, I'm not finding them.

I tried to get the 'properties of a file' and it failed to do that with a .mov and .mp4 BOTH taken from the Phantom 4. If there are additional settings, I'm not finding them.
What are your sequence settings? They should match the video. Even if they don’t match, when you drop the video into the timeline a dialogue box should pop up telling you they don’t and asking if you want to change them to match.

I had a similar problem with premiere Elements not wanting to work with the first videos I recorded with my P4P. It seemed that Adobe had issues with the DJI h.265 codec when I tried recording 4K videos. The only fix I could come up with was to download a free format converter. I don't have all the details at hand right now but can provide them if you want.

I bumped the next videos down to h.264 and it did the trick. Now, to figure out how to use them...baby step. Thanks guys!

I ran across some editing software yesterday that you might look at.
DaVinci Resolve 15 | Blackmagic Design

I think this is going to be something I take a deep dive into when I start working with videos. The free version is impressive and the pay version is affordable.

I bumped the next videos down to h.264 and it did the trick. Now, to figure out how to use them...baby step. Thanks guys!

Depending on which resolution in 4K you record in affects which codec you should be using. Right now in order to have access to a wider range of resolutions, you are better off using the h.264 codec for now according to a course I am taking. Take that for what its worth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM