Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

SkyWatch.AI started offering monthly drone insurance plan

Ilan Yusim

Reaction score
Website
www.skywatch.ai
Hi pilots,

I'm excited to update on the latest developments from SkyWatch.AI.
For those of you who are not familiar, SkyWatch.AI is a
mobile app offering on-demand insurance and safety features, allowing drone pilots to pay less for flying safely.

Yesterday we officially launched SkyWatch Plus, a monthly drone insurance plan for commercial pilots. Our monthly plan is dynamic, flexible and incorporates existing insurance discounts into the price.

We've been testing it with a group of selected pilots to make sure the process is simple, fast and transparent. Of course, our team is available to provide the best tailor-made solution for each pilot whether it's an on-demand hourly coverage or a long-term plan.

I'd be happy to hear your feedback and answer any question you have!

Ilan

Interesting. Looking into it.

More info on how you track flights and criteria for safe flights would be nice.

Hi and thanks for the feedback.

Our app includes an integrated DJI flight controller compatible with all of DJI's drones.

The safety score system monitors all the drone's telemetry data, flight path, hazards (distance/overlapping), connection quality, distance from the operator as well as other factors and data combinations.

You can see a bit of the system's analysis here.

Thanks for that. I read through pretty much the entire site, downloaded the app and signed up.

A question that I couldn't answer on my own. If I sign up for the on demand insurance, buy an hour of coverage based on a flight plan and only end up flying a half hour, am I still paying the full hour? What if I plan an hour and go over for some reason by 10 minutes. Will I be able to be covered or am I just oust of luck for the extra ten minutes?

Thanks.

Reactions: Ilan Yusim
Thanks for that. I read through pretty much the entire site, downloaded the app and signed up.

A question that I couldn't answer on my own. If I sign up for the on demand insurance, buy an hour of coverage based on a flight plan and only end up flying a half hour, am I still paying the full hour? What if I plan an hour and go over for some reason by 10 minutes. Will I be able to be covered or am I just oust of luck for the extra ten minutes?

Thanks.

Thank you for joining us!
Currently, the minimum duration is 1 hour which can't be parted. In our initial market research, we saw that even a "small" drone job includes a setup, battery switch and other processes which sum up to about an hour. In case you exceed your time, you can instantly purchase another unit.

do you need to use your app to use the insurance to plan the flight. As i use litchi and dronedeploy now and again for most of my flights? If I dont use your app do I still get discounts?

Hi Mark,

After you book your insurance and get the policy you can use any control app you like.
Using our flight module is optional and flying with other control apps won't affect your coverage.

If you are using Drone Deploy, we have a built-in integration which allows you to sync your flight logs and get a Safety Score and the discounts that come with it.
Learn more about Drone Deploy integration here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143