Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Thermal imaging for vineyard heat mapping

Shea.durno

Reaction score
A few of my clients have requested heat maps of the vineyard to determine when to harvest their grapes. As a former wildland firefighter I would also like to use it for mapping hotspots. Can anyone recommend a cost effective platform (uav and sensor) I should look into further? I currently run a p4p for my aerial surveying but would be open to upgrading to a matrice/inspire if it makes a lot more sense. I would also like to have the capability to run lidar in the future as the business grows.

Reactions: diamondog
We do a good deal of thermal imaging. I would recommend investing in a Matrice 210 with a FlirDuo camera. Also, for what you are doing checkout the open source Palette Generator application. A guy wrote the little app and its out there for free. It works great once you learn how to use it. We make our own color palettes and import them into Flir Tools+ to point out specific targeted subject matter, such as water in the woods. Hope this help.

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
Get the highest resolution imager you can afford, FLIR Tools won’t make heat maps with low resolution sensors.

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
A few of my clients have requested heat maps of the vineyard to determine when to harvest their grapes. As a former wildland firefighter I would also like to use it for mapping hotspots. Can anyone recommend a cost effective platform (uav and sensor) I should look into further? I currently run a p4p for my aerial surveying but would be open to upgrading to a matrice/inspire if it makes a lot more sense. I would also like to have the capability to run lidar in the future as the business grows.

I understand the reasoning behind thermal imaging of a vineyard, but not for the purpose of determining when to harvest. There are just too many factors determining harvesting. What type of grapes and what location?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM