Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Waiver safety questions

afranco417

Reaction score
Im applying for a waiver to fly my Inspire2 over a downtown area. The city has asked "Has your UAS has been tested to determine what injury level may occur if the aircraft were to hit a human being?"
I reached out to DJI who says they do not release that information to the public. Has anyone else had to answer this question or would you know where I could find this information?

Thanks

Reactions: Mike Flys
Has anyone else had to answer this question or would you know where I could find this information?

Afranco - never had that question come up before but I wouldn't doubt we will see more of that. There have been some studies done and below are a couple of links that may help you out.

I do have a lengthy pdf on a study (from 2013) that is fairly detailed if you like I will post that also. Good luck!

Here's What Happens When a Drone Falls On Your Head https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/09/170919160346.htm

EDIT: this link is from tests done by Virginia Tech Study suggests risks vary widely in drone-human impact | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
"...risks vary widely..." Now, there's some some useful information! I suspect that it will be a long time before you could answer the question with anything more definitive than "no."

Im applying for a waiver to fly my Inspire2 over a downtown area. The city has asked "Has your UAS has been tested to determine what injury level may occur if the aircraft were to hit a human being?"
I reached out to DJI who says they do not release that information to the public. Has anyone else had to answer this question or would you know where I could find this information?

Thanks
I believe they are pushing you around. Ask them with or with out a helmet?;)
This is why you carry insurance, should be your answer.
Cars can kill, drones don't!

Reactions: Ravenflight
I believe they are pushing you around. Ask them with or with out a helmet?;)
This is why you carry insurance, should be your answer.
Cars can kill, drones don't!

The FAA did recently update the Waiver Safety Explanation Guidelines that are specifically designed to assist part 107 remote pilots with the non-airspace waiver applications. They did this to reduce the rejection rate and to give the analysts the info they need to complete a risk assessment. You can find them on the FAADroneZone at Waiver Safety Explanation Guidelines for Part 107 Waiver Applications Keep in mind that you need to be logged into the FAADroneZone to get access. It breaks down the requirements for each different provision, e.g. night, over people, BVLOS etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91