Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

What is the best DESKTOP software for creating 360 Spherical Panoramas?

Kristina Fowler

Reaction score
What is the best DESKTOP software for creating 360 Spherical Panoramas taken with drones? I'm not referring to online browser-based apps where you upload images to a stitching engine and require paid subscriptions. I'm referring to creating a 360 Spherical Panorama locally on your desktop/laptop computer.

What's your 1st choice and why??

Thanks in advance. I'll hang up and listen.

I use Microsoft ICE, works for me. I have stitched many panos with it. I'm sure others here will have other opinions and some with more advanced software.

Reactions: BitsOfEternity
Not sure if we're on the same page. Emphasis on "360 Spherical" panoramas. I'm familiar with ICE but it falls short of what I'm referring to (unless I'm overlooking something). I'm looking for an interactive pano app that lets the user control the POV (pitch & yaw). Here's a random example: Texel from 1795 De Cocksdorp, Netherlands Again, not looking for an online app that requires uploading images. I need to create the interactive pano on my desktop and view only from my desktop - independent of online apps and hosted images. Thanks....

I use Kolor Autopano Giga. Unfortunately they were purchased by GoPro for their IP, and last October they shut down the Kolor company and products.

To see if we are on the same page. Here is how I create my panos. I shoot 8 pictures +8 degrees, 8 at -15, 8 at -40, 8 at -65 and 2 at 90. My panos are normally shot at 200 feet.
When stitched I have 360 horizonal and about 140 vertical with a POV wherever I want to look other than straight up of course.

To see if we are on the same page. Here is how I create my panos. I shoot 8 pictures +8 degrees, 8 at -15, 8 at -40, 8 at -65 and 2 at 90. My panos are normally shot at 200 feet.
When stitched I have 360 horizonal and about 140 vertical with a POV wherever I want to look other than straight up of course.
Sounds cool. Can you expand a bit on your procedures. Do you manually fly or automate? I assume your photos are taken (8 each) at given points around the subject. Could this be set up as an autonomous flight? Thanks.

Sounds cool. Can you expand a bit on your procedures. Do you manually fly or automate? I assume your photos are taken (8 each) at given points around the subject. Could this be set up as an autonomous flight? Thanks.

Yes they are done manually, I also have Litchi but it doesn't work well with the Inspire 2 and panos, at least not for me.

I begin with a fixed point that is always the exact same location. I start with the camera elevated 8 degress above level. I take eight photos turning 45 degrees counter clockwise after each photo. That gives me a 360 degree coverage. I move to 15 degrees below level and repeat the above sequence of pictures, then to 40 degrees below level and next 65 degrees below level. The last two are shot at 90 degrees I take one picture then rotate 180 degrees and take a second. From 200 feet that give me a great pano.

You can shoot that pano at any altitude it only depends on what you are attempting to capture. I capture more area from two hundred feet and gives my client clear view of the surrounding buildings.

I can ask if I can give certain people permission to access the web site and view what we do, if permission is granted you will be able to view our videos, panos, exteriors, and slide shows. You will not be able to copy any of the photos or panos. If interested PM me.

I use PTGui to stitch and then Panotour for creating the actual tour. As mentioned though Panotour doesn't seem to be available anymore. We're also using Holobuilder but that's online.

We have used Autopano Giga and PTGui but it has been a while since opening either one of them. And from the other comments above I am not sure they are available...

I also use Autopano Pro and sadly Kolor/Autopano has closed down the business in September 2018.

I downloaded the last update they did and it is still working well on Mac Mojave and I'll need to check out PTGui Pro.

360° landscape is a 360-diploma subject of view or illustration of a physical space, with the viewer feeling like standing in middle of the virtual area and looking all round, specially in photography.

When uncovered in lovely natural surroundings, you are probable eager to seize the complete objects and details in front of you. In normal occasions regular digital cameras and clever telephones are available to hand. They do now not have the capacity to capture 360 diploma panoramic pics, even though. Panorama Maker is an easy and rapid technique to get 360° panoramas together with your commonplace cameras or cellular telephones. ArcSoft also provides Panorama Maker Mac in case you are the usage of Mac OS.

Before that, shoot the scenes from one of a kind horizontal angles at your region (as a minimum 6 images), and make sure there's some overlap among the snap shots so that they can be stitched and not using a lacking pieces. Here we provide you with exact instructions on the way to make 360° panoramas on Windows as an example. If you need to make 360° panoramas on Mac, comply with the same steps. Then all you need is to free down load Panorama Maker, Making many company like like as: [url="360° landscape is a 360-diploma subject of view or illustration of a physical space, with the viewer feeling like standing in middle of the virtual area and looking all round, specially in photography.

When uncovered in lovely natural surroundings, you are probable eager to seize the complete objects and details in front of you. In normal occasions regular digital cameras and clever telephones are available to hand. They do now not have the capacity to capture 360 diploma panoramic pics, even though. Panorama Maker is an easy and rapid technique to get 360° panoramas together with your commonplace cameras or cellular telephones. ArcSoft also provides Panorama Maker Mac in case you are the usage of Mac OS.

Before that, shoot the scenes from one of a kind horizontal angles at your region (as a minimum 6 images), and make sure there's some overlap among the snap shots so that they can be stitched and not using a lacking pieces. Here we provide you with exact instructions on the way to make 360° panoramas on Windows as an example. If you need to make 360° panoramas on Mac, comply with the same steps. Then all you need is to free down load Panorama Maker, Making many company like like as: Outsource New Zealand

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker