Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Ad240

Reaction score
Hi all thanks in advance
I have just passed my pfco license and I am really confused with how to obtain permission from local properties that are not under your control( within 50m of your flight ) so if I need to take pictures of a house for an estate agent but one person says they are not happy with me flying then I will never get any work done. How do all you get around this? Or what forms do you provide people to look though.
Thanks for your help

What country/state/province are you wanting to fly in? That would help to obtain a relevant reply.

Heya sorry yeah should have ttought about that I live in the U.K. and am looking to fly in built up city’s. Thanks

Luckily, the FAA controls the airspace above properties in the U.S., so no property owner has the right to prohibit one's flight (within reason) over their property. It sounds like the laws may be different in the U.K.

Hi all thanks in advance
I have just passed my pfco license and I am really confused with how to obtain permission from local properties that are not under your control( within 50m of your flight ) so if I need to take pictures of a house for an estate agent but one person says they are not happy with me flying then I will never get any work done. How do all you get around this? Or what forms do you provide people to look though.
Thanks for your help

Hi AD240.

CAP722 requires permission to be sought. However, the critical thing the CAA are looking for is safety. CAP722 is draw up to regulate operations against the ANO which talks about “control” rather than “permission”.

From a safety point of view it makes no sense to gain permission if those who have given the permission have not agreed to be under your control and follow your instructions.

So the reality is that you should approach the properties, explain that you are going to carry out a survey (or whatever) and that you just need to ensure everybody is safe. It is most unlikely there will be an incident but if any of the inhabitants are stepping outside they have should make themselves aware of the location of the drone. Should anything go wrong they should....(whatever your emergency procedure is).

This avoids them having a veto on your operations while bringing them under your control. Getting them to sign a sheet with their house number on means you’ve got auditable information for the CAA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM