Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Matrice 210 RTK V2

COFW-UAS

Reaction score
Hey All -
We just received our new Matrice 210 RTK V2 last week. Made our first flight this morning with tons of problems.

1. Unable to pair the UAV with the D-RTK2 Base Station - talked to DJI this morning and they asked me to make a video showing that I was connected to the aircraft, what lights I had, what firmware I was on, etc.. We will see what they say but they said I should have a button to press that will link the 2. I don't have such a button in the RTK settings on Pilot.
  2. DJI Assistant 2 wont recognize the V2... DJI asked me to change a bunch of computer settings that I can't without our IT doing it.
  3. We were unable to use anything to fly the drone other than Pilot on the Crystalsky... We tried using Pilot on an ipad as well as Dronesense and neither would connect.
Lot's of bugs so far. Would be interested to see if there is anyone else on here that has a V2 and see if similar problems are happening.

Hey All -
We just received our new Matrice 210 RTK V2 last week. Made our first flight this morning with tons of problems.

1. Unable to pair the UAV with the D-RTK2 Base Station - talked to DJI this morning and they asked me to make a video showing that I was connected to the aircraft, what lights I had, what firmware I was on, etc.. We will see what they say but they said I should have a button to press that will link the 2. I don't have such a button in the RTK settings on Pilot.
  2. DJI Assistant 2 wont recognize the V2... DJI asked me to change a bunch of computer settings that I can't without our IT doing it.
  3. We were unable to use anything to fly the drone other than Pilot on the Crystalsky... We tried using Pilot on an ipad as well as Dronesense and neither would connect.
Lot's of bugs so far. Would be interested to see if there is anyone else on here that has a V2 and see if similar problems are happening.

I'll state the obvious here. Before you attempt to fly you need to RTM. That will explain how to pair the controller with the aircraft and a lot of other things you need to know before you begin your maiden flight..... Those documents can be found in print delivered with the aircraft and on DJI's web site under support.

I was reading about the Matrice 210 on DJI’s website but it seems you have to contact them to get a price. Anyone know how much they cost/start at?

I was reading about the Matrice 210 on DJI’s website but it seems you have to contact them to get a price. Anyone know how much they cost/start at?

The base matrice 210 with no cameras starts around 7000.00 us.

We got 3 quotes from some of the big players in the market. The Matrice 210 RTK V2 comes in a package with the drone, crystal sky, cendence, some batteries, etc.. For just the aircraft package without sensors was $14,500. We got one dealer to give us 10% off for buying a complete package that totalled around $24,000. The X5S came in from everyone at $1,899 and the Z30 at $2,999.

We got 3 quotes from some of the big players in the market. The Matrice 210 RTK V2 comes in a package with the drone, crystal sky, cendence, some batteries, etc.. For just the aircraft package without sensors was $14,500. We got one dealer to give us 10% off for buying a complete package that totalled around $24,000. The X5S came in from everyone at $1,899 and the Z30 at $2,999.
While DJI does not allow us to quote enterprise prices in public forums, I can say you are right on track. One of the big features that changed the price between version 1 and version 2 was the inclusion of Enterprise Shield with all of the version 2 aircraft. They also include the Ultra Bright CS instead of the High Bright now but do not include the top mount gimbal or any TB50s (version 2 only uses TB55s).

@Drbobk: if you would like any more info, just let us know.

Thanks!

Hey All -

Hi Everyone,
I along with 3 of my colleagues received the M210 V.2. 3 weeks ago here in Australia, the only app that would connect was the DJI Pilot. After a lot of stuffing around not even DJI Go4, Pix4D, GSPro would recognise the V.2. Very frustrating as some of these apps are an essential tool in acquiring specific data. Eagerly awaiting updates from mentioned apps.

After a lot of stuffing around not even DJI Go4, Pix4D, GSPro would recognise the V.2.
We've been noticing the same thing with our M200 and some of the sensors that we have for it, specifically the XT2. The hardware is way out in front of the software, which makes the hardware almost unusable. Apps either don't recognize the camera or machine, or the ones that do tend to have broken features. It's very frustrating to have a $20k piece of equipment that doesn't function as promised...

I totally agree. DJI could at least update it's software to suit these newer models (Matrice M210 V.2.) and the sensors. Very frustrating!

I'm having the same problem... The only thing I can use right now is DJI Pilot on the CrystalSky ONLY. Pilot on iPad does not work. Nothing works. I called DJI last week and they said they can not confirm that they will support iPad for the V2. I've talked with Dronedeploy and Dronesense and both are planning to support it once DJI releases the SDK for them to get their development done. I'll be waiting on those companies.

While DJI does not allow us to quote enterprise prices in public forums, I can say you are right on track. One of the big features that changed the price between version 1 and version 2 was the inclusion of Enterprise Shield with all of the version 2 aircraft. They also include the Ultra Bright CS instead of the High Bright now but do not include the top mount gimbal or any TB50s (version 2 only uses TB55s).

@Drbobk: if you would like any more info, just let us know.

Thanks!
I neglected to say Thank You!

I'm having the same problem... The only thing I can use right now is DJI Pilot on the CrystalSky ONLY. Pilot on iPad does not work. Nothing works. I called DJI last week and they said they can not confirm that they will support iPad for the V2. I've talked with Dronedeploy and Dronesense and both are planning to support it once DJI releases the SDK for them to get their development done. I'll be waiting on those companies.

Did you get DroneSense working with it? The latest version, 2.11.2 has worked out just about every kink with the entire V2 Series. It's performing really well for us, though we have had minimal time with the M210 RTK V2 so I'm curious to know how that is going for you.

Yes! We've had it working for about 2 months now. There are still bugs when you have multiple sensors on it. If I remember right it was calling the Z30 as the FPV and small things like that. Last week I was having problems where I would start a video recording and it wouldn't let me stop it. I'd hit the record button and it would just start another video. Couldn't get out of it to take pictures. I alerted Dronesense to this and they're looking into it. I've also been having problems lately with the ipad overheating and shutting down (newest ipad mini series) so I've been using primarily the crystalsky lately. Hoping to do more testing and training with it when our busy season calms down and the weather cools. Overall though I would still call Dronesense an excellent platform.

Yes! We've had it working for about 2 months now. There are still bugs when you have multiple sensors on it. If I remember right it was calling the Z30 as the FPV and small things like that. Last week I was having problems where I would start a video recording and it wouldn't let me stop it. I'd hit the record button and it would just start another video. Couldn't get out of it to take pictures. I alerted Dronesense to this and they're looking into it. I've also been having problems lately with the ipad overheating and shutting down (newest ipad mini series) so I've been using primarily the crystalsky lately. Hoping to do more testing and training with it when our busy season calms down and the weather cools. Overall though I would still call Dronesense an excellent platform.

We have had an issue similar to what you're saying with the incorrect camera being labeled. We've found with the Z30 and XT2 connected, you have to do one power cycle of the aircraft only and the XT2 will be recognized correctly. I have yet to test this with only the Z30 connected but can test it and see.

I just tried to replicate the issue with recording video but mine is working. This is an iPad Air with the latest version of DroneSense loaded. Videos seem to record ok. I'll follow-up with Eric and Brenda at DroneSense to see if there's anything we can do to help.

Still, as you said, DroneSense is without question an excellent platform for public safety. Sure, you can piece it together using several other apps, but the functionality that they have as one single app with all of their different components is incredible.

Stay safe!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM