Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

New Thermal Aircraft...

Little disappointed with the hand held One Pro unit received a few days ago. The 160 resolution isn't bad for the distance and subject matter... actually better with MSX than expected.

The issues I feel make it a returnable product: 1) Battery, short 50-60 min life, lengthy charge time, about 1 hr. 2) Finicky to connect, must remember to turn OnePro on before connecting to phone, slow performer. 3) The MSX feature is nice, but not a lot of range to adjust the parallelism... if close, exp: breaker box, it may be skewed, just noticed at different range... 10-20 ft.. it was skewed and slider was all the way over. 4) It's a Flir camera but doesn't use the same color overlay names or views. White Hot, Black Hot, etc aren't in it's selection.

The connector can adjust for case thickness... very nice idea others should apply. I'd personally like to see the mount able to pivot or rotate. But I do like how it allows you to flip phone upside down with camera on top, keeps palm out of camera view.

Still evaluating, but not sure I'll be keeping this one. Still an amazing little device, amazing they can make such a small unit. But not sure if it's a tool I'd use after new wears off.

Yes the ONE Pro does have a limited battery life. I always recommend the FLIR C2 as a training tool.

Better battery life but no video capabilities.

Again, disregarding that DJI sells more drone and has more obstacle avoidance sensors, why is the Mavic great and the Anafi-T a piece of $#!T? Is the imagery captured by the A-T inherently inferior to the Mavic? If so, how?

Again, disregarding that DJI sells more drone and has more obstacle avoidance sensors, why is the Mavic great and the Anafi-T a piece of $#!T? Is the imagery captured by the A-T inherently inferior to the Mavic? If so, how?

Actually I've read some reports that the ANAFI's RGB camera is better than the M2ED.

Plus with the recent new regulations in both Canada and US, I will suspect there will be a lot less hobbyist operators to purchase drones, in general.

Reactions: dougcjohn
Actually I've read some reports that the ANAFI's RGB camera is better than the M2ED.

Plus with the recent new regulations in both Canada and US, I will suspect there will be a lot less hobbyist operators to purchase drones, in general.
I'd agree... my intentions are to try a A-T for a small craft, where I wouldn't even consider a M2ED... and I actually like most DJI products.
I think cameras are almost identical, the RGB may be better on A-T, the batteries are less, much smaller platform, much quieter.

I have a M2P and Zoom camera... 4 min to swap... still a little irritated they didn't let the M2 platform utilize the thermo dual. Not purchasing a 2nd overpriced identical platform.

I agree. But it is still apparent that many people worship at the altar of DJI and can somehow say the A-T junk.

For the record, I think DJI makes some great products. But I loathe their business model which usurps the authority of the FAA and distrusts the judgement of licensed pilots with full authorization to operate and make their customers go to a China-based company for final permission to fly.

Again, imagine Cessna requiring you to contact them for clearance to takeoff despite ATC having already issued you clearance to fly. Nobody would stand for it.

Last edited:
I agree. But it is still apparent that many people worship at the altar of DJI and can somehow say the A-T junk.

For the record, I think DJI makes some great products. But I loathe their business model which usurps the authority of the FAA and distrusts the judgement of licensed pilots with full authorization to operate and make their customers go to a China-based company for final permission to fly.

Again, imagine Cessna requiring you to contact them for clearance to takeoff despite ATC having already issued you clearance to fly. Nobody would stand for it.
Oh I fully agree with that concern... and sadly, I do think they'll create a part of the foundation that moves forward... I think their work already has made an impact and impression for what requirements will be based.

Doug, you just derailed. Typical of Yuneec users, imposing irrelevant questions unrelated to the topic at hand.
Really... me derailed... as in? o_O I was following the lead of @Phaedrus. Slap me silly!! Ya saying I'm a Yuneec User... I can point ya to another forum that would label me otherwise... along with you in same bucket... Yuneec User's motto is almost like Highlanders... "can be only one". :mad:

But back on track... A-T, I think provides more bang than the M2ED... for same purpose.

If ya mean the Flir One Pro opinion.. just my helpful 2 cents.

He has not really contributed to the thread. What I meant to say it that he derailed you.

You’re good in my book, as someone, who is not branded, and sees a brand as tools.

• Angry
Reactions: AH-1G
It's all good... actually enjoy some of the deviations... introduces at times good discussion. @Phaedrus on both forums provides some great insight on Thermo, appreciate anything I can absorb.

I'd agree, the "Tool" and how it's used is the end-goal and I'd personally enjoy more competition... not to threaten one brand over others, but to stimulate more designs and possibly drive prices down... both good for the UAV industry.

Little off track, but on Thermo. I'd really like to see Yuneec, Parrot, Autel, etc bring out a 640-R system that can truly compete with the ZenMuse hardware... it'd bring the inflated costs down!

On a separate track... still thermo.
The Flir sUAS Lv1 class, since one was offered in my mid-west state (rarely), I reached out to Alex (Flir Training) and inquired on any Veterans discount... they do offer 15% Veterans discounts on Flir classes.

Something to consider if considering.

Last edited:
Little disappointed with the hand held One Pro unit received a few days ago. The 160 resolution isn't bad for the distance and subject matter... actually better with MSX than expected.

Still evaluating, but not sure I'll be keeping this one. Still an amazing little device, amazing they can make such a small unit. But not sure if it's a tool I'd use after new wears off.

Returned the Flir One Pro handheld, I couldn't see a $400 benefit retaining it for it's short comings.

I ordered a Anafi-T... and it has some nice features, extremely light weight, small package overall.
The packaging is top notch and I like the 3 batteries and the simple way to charge batteries.

Not to jump to judgement... I'll examine it more, but I will state it doesn't have the "feel" in software design and flight behavior that I was hoping to experience. Not that I'm indicating it's unstable, it is a stable craft. I'm probably wrongly comparing to my usage of DJI crafts and associated software. One area, probably due to being an ultra light aircraft, the props are disturbing to me... LOL... they look like little flower petals and they are floppy in their mount. Granted the slop will not be present once lift has applied tension to the props, but doesn't provide a feeling of quality for the price. Again, just an opinion not a negative to the aircraft.

One of the areas I was a bit disappointed was the Thermal color palettes and isotherm color palettes. I was thinking if same sensor as M2ED it would share the same color palettes, I thought that was more of a FLIR feature and not a brand software feature. I do like the M2ED color palettes being near identical to the larger XT & XT2 software, keeps things in same method of selection.

I don't have a M2ED, originally thought I wouldn't consider one based on price alone. I do have a M2P/Z and assuming the M2ED behaves and SW similar, that does have more appeal to my usage.

I haven't used the full range of the Anafi-T gimbal - 90 Up ... I want to play with that some on older railroad bridges and residential roof soffit & eaves; For light & thermal inspection.

For being the same sensor as the FLIR One Pro handheld, I personally feel the images are better on the Anafi than the FLIR One Pro & Note8 screen

Reactions: R.P..R
My conclusion... spent time with it this evening, nicely built little craft and has some positive points that many may find a strong positive. Ultra Light weight, very small package, 180 degree gimbal, low pitch quite flyer.

I found connecting the Radio, Tablet, and Drone a challenge at times. On the majority of sessions, the RC & Drone would connect easily, but the tablet was very fussy: used both a iPad Pro 10" and Samsung Tab S4. I personally thought the Android OS was a bit better performing but both displayed slow performance when taking pictures or video. For my needs, I'm returning the little guy for a refund.

My conclusion... spent time with it this evening, nicely built little craft and has some positive points that many may find a strong positive. Ultra Light weight, very small package, 180 degree gimbal, low pitch quite flyer.

I found connecting the Radio, Tablet, and Drone a challenge at times. On the majority of sessions, the RC & Drone would connect easily, but the tablet was very fussy: used both a iPad Pro 10" and Samsung Tab S4. I personally thought the Android OS was a bit better performing but both displayed slow performance when taking pictures or video. For my needs, I'm returning the little guy for a refund.
Thank you for sharing your time.

I ordered a Anafi-T... and it has some nice features, extremely light weight, small package overall.
The packaging is top notch and I like the 3 batteries and the simple way to charge batteries.

Not to jump to judgement... I'll examine it more, but I will state it doesn't have the "feel" in software design and flight behavior that I was hoping to experience. Not that I'm indicating it's unstable, it is a stable craft. I'm probably wrongly comparing to my usage of DJI crafts and associated software. One area, probably due to being an ultra light aircraft, the props are disturbing to me... LOL... they look like little flower petals and they are floppy in their mount. Granted the slop will not be present once lift has applied tension to the props, but doesn't provide a feeling of quality for the price. Again, just an opinion not a negative to the aircraft.

One of the areas I was a bit disappointed was the Thermal color palettes and isotherm color palettes. I was thinking if same sensor as M2ED it would share the same color palettes, I thought that was more of a FLIR feature and not a brand software feature. I do like the M2ED color palettes being near identical to the larger XT & XT2 software, keeps things in same method of selection.

I don't have a M2ED, originally thought I wouldn't consider one based on price alone. I do have a M2P/Z and assuming the M2ED behaves and SW similar, that does have more appeal to my usage.

I haven't used the full range of the Anafi-T gimbal - 90 Up ... I want to play with that some on older railroad bridges and residential roof soffit & eaves; For light & thermal inspection.

For being the same sensor as the FLIR One Pro handheld, I personally feel the images are better on the Anafi than the FLIR One Pro & Note8 screen

I have long waited for your review, as my field review was brief. I felt that the Anafi is still not par, but it is a good entry level thermal drone. Also, have you read this? Thermal Mapping

Is too bad their pricing is so ridiculous.

The pricing is the only thing that is holding me back from using online services because let's face it. How many times do we really map accurately in a single build? When most of our workflow is "relative to ground" data for none RTK drones.

As a ReCap Pro user, I am still learning and researching as much as I can, and what supports my platform Recap Pro is BLK360 and by itself is a workflow. SIGH! A lot to learn, and I feel that I am either getting old and don't want to learn new tricks, or I'm running out of time.

Reactions: dougcjohn
I found connecting the Radio, Tablet, and Drone a challenge at times. On the majority of sessions, the RC & Drone would connect easily, but the tablet was very fussy: used both a iPad Pro 10" and Samsung Tab S4. I personally thought the Android OS was a bit better performing but both displayed slow performance when taking pictures or video.

I'm surprised more folks don't point out these shortcomings. When I saw the following video, the controller alone was enough to give me pause. I don't know what Parrot was thinking but it wasn't about serious users that's for sure. The camera is the high point but the controller may be a deal breaker. This users addition of an actual power button is helpful but it certainly should have one from the manufacturer. o_O

Reactions: ArrUnTuS
I have long waited for your review, as my field review was brief. I felt that the Anafi is still not par, but it is a good entry level thermal drone. Also, have you read this? Thermal Mapping
I'm surprised more folks don't point out these shortcomings. When I saw the following video, the controller alone was enough to give me pause. I don't know what Parrot was thinking but it wasn't about serious users that's for sure. The camera is the high point but the controller may be a deal breaker. This users addition of an actual power button is helpful but it certainly should have one from the manufacturer. o_O

Seems like a great toy for the cool crowd, that's about it. I'm sure the kids will enjoy playing tag, you are it, in the dark. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: R.P..R

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM