Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Questions for part 107 pilots

I also found everything I needed online for free. The FAA has alot of of material available including its study guide, 3DR has put a page together that has almost everything in one place.
Have a look...
https://3dr.com/faa/study-guides
Over about 2 weeks time I went through the FAA study guide, the pilots handbook of aeronautical knowledge and watched a couple videos on metars and sectional charts and this video from Tony Northrup
Tony has a great way of explaining things that most people will find easy to follow since hes a photographer and not someone with an aeronautical background. He also has a "cram sheet" linked in the video description that is great to look over right before you go into the test. I passed with an 85% and only paid for the price of the test. My advice would be to definitely master reading sectional charts and weather reports and memorize most of the stuff on that cram sheet.

I did same. I also splashed out $5 on the Prepware Remote Pilot app. You really do not need to buy a course. I got 92% and did exam in 45 mins. One silly mistake, one thing I forgot, and one subjective question. You can get 18 wrong and there are 3 choices for each answer. One of the answers is usually obviously wrong (so 50/50 chance).

Biggest things for me were learning weather, sectional charts and getting a handle on class E/G. I found these two useful wrt calss E/G

The Logic Behind Class E Airspace
An Airspace Lesson for Drone Pilots - Learn About Airspace

Spend a lot of time answering prepware and online questions about the charts in the supplement and then you will be familiar with the charts in the exam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker