Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Troubleshooting - P4P v2 won't connect to ANY mapping apps - Help!

Clinton Carman

Reaction score
Website
www.carmanfire.com
I have a brand new Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 using a 9.7" iPad Pro (wifi only). I have two separate cables I've connected my iPad to the controller with, neither has resolved the issue. I have also updated the P4P to the most recent firmware.

To begin with, when using the DJI Go4 app (version 4.2.16), I have ZERO trouble. Everything seems to work as it should. I can fly, take pictures, videos, etc. However, I need to connect to an app to conduct automated flight mapping for my work and have not had any success connecting to anything.
  • DJI GS Pro:
    • The app reads "Disconnected" in bright red letters at the top left of the screen. When I actually disconnect the cable from the iPad or the remote, it reads "Not Connected" in grey writing. Without the drone connected, I have no options to start a flight.
  • DroneDeploy:
    • When I connect the drone I get a little information box at the bottom that reads "Drone Connected."
    • Next, the app has a little green dot on the lower left corner with the phrase "USB Connected - Waiting for Drone." No matter what I do, I cannot get past this screen.
    • However, I noticed that I get this same message when the remote is turned on, iPad connected to it, but the drone is turned off.
  • Pix4d Capture:
    • I open the app, select the project, open it, then hit START. I get a small box that pops up reading "Connected" in green writing with the picture of a Mavic Pro. When I hit next, I get a drone take off checklist. It reads connected, that the remote is in the proper mode selection, but that the battery is low (in fact it was 95%+), that the drone GPS status is unknown, drone storage unknown, homepoint too far, etc.
    • However, same as with DroneDeploy, I noticed that I get this same message when the remote is turned on, iPad connected to it, but the drone is turned off.
  • Map Pilot by Maps Made Easy:
    • I open the app, load the saved mission, and I get a notification that "Aircraft Detected: Mavic Pro." When it says that, the box at the top of the screen still reads "Not Connected" and I have no drone information with the flight options greyed out and no drone data (battery life, satellites, etc).
    • AGAIN, this also happens when the remote is on, iPad connected, and the drone is off.
I have tried numerous configurations:
  • I've tried running all of these apps "offline" where I downloaded the maps for each one to the iPad.
  • I've tried running these apps in my backyard with my iPad connected to the WiFi.
  • I've tried running them with DJI Go4 app open in the background, and closed in the background.
  • I've tried running DJI Go4, closing it, restarting the iPad (with drone/remote connected), then open the desired program without DJI Go4 ever opening since the restart.
No matter what I seem to try, it seems like, unless I'm in DJI Go4, the drone will not be connected the app I'm using. Even when I'm in these other apps, I can start the drone up and fly it around (even without the visual provided in DJI Go4), so I know the controller is properly connected. It is almost as if the drone is turned off when I'm in these other apps (even though its on).

Sorry for the wall of text, but please help me out here!!

Thank you so much in advance!

From DJI's technical support regarding DJI GS Pro, they do not yet support the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. So my guess is that the other software companies don't yet either.
They have not released the SDK yet for the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0; therefore none of the 3rd party apps (even DJI GS Pro) will work with it until it is released.

I can only speak about Drone Deploy. Let me make a suggestions, create your mapping area and save it. Turn everything off, turn your transmitter on, power up the drone, and DO NOT load DJI app.;
Load your saved map and see if will engage, if you load DJI it won't.

I went through this three weeks ago with a new P4P v2 for some mapping projects I had scheduled. I wound up having to buy a P4P v1 to get the jobs done.

Until the SDK is released no other 3rd party app will work. My vendor talked with the DJI SDK developers in California and was told it would be released at the end of this month.

Then there’s the time it will take the app developers to get their apps to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter