Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Introduce Yourself!

Hi,
My name is Dan. I'm a professional photograher, 40 years, in Maryland near DC. I shoot mostly architecture and engineering work. I have shot from helicopters for many years. Just got my 107 and a Mavic Pro2. This is my first experience with drones.
t the moment I'm using my Ipad air 2 with the controller but it dies in the cold and its hard to see in bright light. I do love the cellular connection so I can have real time maps. Thinking about a smart controller or a crystal sky monitor. Any feedback would be great.

I've been inspecting real estate for over 25 years in SE WI. With hot, steep, brittle, snow & ice covered roofs, I thought it may be a good idea to deploy a drone. I just received my Temporary Airman Certificate and want to make sure I play by the rules prior to doing anything other than flying around my own chimney and not posting images anywhere. Any feedback on a Pre-flight/ post-flight checklist app? I don't believe I'll use it on every home, so not sure how much I want to commit to $$/ mo. I've read that Rupprecht Law advises trying to find a seasoned mentor which sounds great, but I wouldn't know where to start. This seems like it could be one of the best launching pads.
Thanks in advance for your feedback. Djon

Hi Everyone,
After some time observing the forum, I am going to jump in. I fly DJI products for my employer, a state government and also for fun around the home farm. Thanks for existing and sharing opinions and knowledge.

Reactions: BigAl07
@Agmiss Welcome to the forums - great place to get tips and answers to your questions. Also, the search function is an excellent place to search for the many questions a new member will have.

Hi Everyone,
After some time observing the forum, I am going to jump in. I fly DJI products for my employer, a state government and also for fun around the home farm. Thanks for existing and sharing opinions and knowledge.

Welcome to the forum :)

Hello,
My name is Edwin, live in beautiful Western North Carolina in Fletcher near Asheville. Not far from you Allen!
Have been flying drones for about 2 years. Part 107 certified since July 2019.
Enjoy traveling and filming with my Mavic Pro.
I'm also involved with Search and rescue in South Carolina using several UAV's. And starting to get involved with mountain bike search and rescue.
Just started my business Skyboundimaging and about to publish my website. Have been doing some free jobs for friends to build up a portfolio. ( while I was already 107 certified).
Looking to do some small jobs since I have a full time job in the medical field.
I have been reading on this forum and have found a wealth of information and thank you all for that.
Thought it was time to introduce myself

Reactions: dirkclod
Well Hello! Thank You for making me feel welcome here! My name is Al and I live in Dothan,Al.Hopefully I can get a lot of advice and suggestions because I will definitely need it!…Here’s my story...I am an Airline Type Rated Pilot with33 year’s and 15,000 flight hours with 2 type ratings in business Jets. Recently I was diagnosed diabetic and the FAA pulled my Medical Certificate. Aviation has been my entire life and I’m not leaving! So, I am taking the Part 107 test to become a Commercial Rated Remote Pilot. I have never flown a Unmanned Aircraft,but that’s what flight school is for! I’m just hoping that I can get a job after completion of training....again,any advice from you guys that are in it would be very helpful!

@2lowterrain WELCOME to the forum!!

Sorry to hear about them yanking your Medical but hopefully you can still fly "For leisure" to get your fix.

Flying a drone is NOTHING like flying an aircraft but the beauty is you only "Tell the Controller" what you want and the onboard Flight Controller determines what to change on the aircraft to make your desires happen. You'll have no problems being a UAS operator in no time.

Good luck and Happy Flights from NC!

Allen

@2lowterrain WELCOME to the forum!!

Sorry to hear about them yanking your Medical but hopefully you can still fly "For leisure" to get your fix.

Flying a drone is NOTHING like flying an aircraft but the beauty is you only "Tell the Controller" what you want and the onboard Flight Controller determines what to change on the aircraft to make your desires happen. You'll have no problems being a UAS operator in no time.

Good luck and Happy Flights from NC!

Allen
Hey thanks for saying hello and some insight....so I take it that these things basically fly themselves (like an autopilot) and you input where you want to go(like a GPS in the airplane)?…if that’s the case then I should be ok, just got to go to flight school on it.I was ultimately wanting to get on with Amazon,but they are going to require their Pilots to have a medical?...if you don’t mind can I send you some questions as I go forward with this?…Promise I won’t pester ya, Cause the written test is no problem, after that is when Im gonna be somewhat clueless!…and as far as “Flying Leisure” goes...I put my toy up as my profile pic....and it ain’t gonna just sit there!?....Thanks and I’m glad I found you guys.....”Big Al” (my nickname as well!)

Hey all ! Commercial operator mostly in Oil and Gas inspections and mapping in Alberta , Canada. Flying Matrice 210 RTK V2, XT2 infrared, z30 zoom, X5S on pipeline ROWs, Transmission Lines, etc... Phantom 4 PRos, 600 Pro, Paul Smith - AIRSurv Inc.

Hey thanks for saying hello and some insight....so I take it that these things basically fly themselves (like an autopilot) and you input where you want to go(like a GPS in the airplane)?…if that’s the case then I should be ok, just got to go to flight school on it.I was ultimately wanting to get on with Amazon,but they are going to require their Pilots to have a medical?...if you don’t mind can I send you some questions as I go forward with this?…Promise I won’t pester ya, Cause the written test is no problem, after that is when Im gonna be somewhat clueless!…and as far as “Flying Leisure” goes...I put my toy up as my profile pic....and it ain’t gonna just sit there!?....Thanks and I’m glad I found you guys.....”Big Al” (my nickname as well!)

Yes it's pretty dang similar to Autopilot. It's a little more than inputting the coordinates but not a lot more LOL!

Feel free to contact me anytime you like. I'm willing to share any info I may have and if I don't know I can usually find a link/reference to the answer I am willing to share.

Allen

Reactions: 2lowterrain
Hey all ! Commercial operator mostly in Oil and Gas inspections and mapping in Alberta , Canada. Flying Matrice 210 RTK V2, XT2 infrared, z30 zoom, X5S on pipeline ROWs, Transmission Lines, etc... Phantom 4 PRos, 600 Pro, Paul Smith - AIRSurv Inc.

Welcome to the forum @Jomor

Hi, I'm Richard, from Houston Tx. Looking at starting a drone business, been flying a DJI Mavic Mini for a bit in my old business. I owned a small sandblasting business, doing commercial work, but my back couldn't handle it and found it hard to find good help. I shut the business down, got back into IT, 6 months later and Covid, got laid off. So here I am, looking at a new venture.

Reactions: dirkclod
I’m new to flying for a year now but have all the way through been interested in photography, art, technology and performance. I’ve learned some on Spark, Anafi and Mini and so I’ve just bought an M2P with Smart Controller and filled out the package with an FW279S 7” monitor and Polar Pro 2-5 stop VND...should give me a pretty good start. Like I said...all ears and Thank you!

Hi all,
I'm Bill and I'm based in San Antonio TX. I've been a Mavic Pro Platinum operator for several years, performing roof inspections for a number of major insurance companies as part of their new policy and renewal programs with their clients. Looking forward to learning from other members here and hearing about their experiences in commercial operations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM